We are what we eat, and we are what we drink. Our choice of food and water determines the quality of life we lead. Every week, we’ll share with you one recipe that you can make using our Tomal Filtered Water. This week, it’s one of our favourite carbs staple: Mushroom Aglio Olio. Simple, delicious, and fuss-free. You can whip up this dish in less than 30 minutes flat.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 250 grams spaghetti
- 1 + 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 grams Shitake Mushrooms (cleaned and cut in half)
- 4 – 5 Cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 – 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
1. Fill your pot with Tomal Filtered Water and add a dash of salt to it. Bring it to boil and add in the spaghetti to cook as per package instructions until al dente.
2. While the spaghetti is boiling, it’s time to cook the mushrooms! Heat up a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Throw in the garlic and fry till fragrant and brown. Add in the mushrooms and sauté them under medium high heat for a few minutes till golden brown and tender.
3. Push the mushrooms to one side of the pan and add the remaining olive oil, and chilli flakes. Sauté them again for about a minute and then add the boiled spaghetti, butter, parsley, and salt to taste.
4. Toss well till the herbs coat the spaghetti and the butter melted.
5. Sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese on top. Serve them with salad on the side or a glass of wine for a simple happy meal.
TIP: If you want your pot of salted water to boil faster, our FreshDew Hot & Cold Water Dispenser has a hot water option to dispense hot water immediately instead of using ambient water.
Leave us a comment and let us know if you had tried this recipe 🙂